What an incredible experience… while out West to shoot a wedding, our bride and groom invited us to tour the groom’s 80,000 acre family ranch. We were so honored to capture the history here. This place is majestic… and EXPLOSIVE! YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaw! Special thanks to the Woods for hosting such an amazing day!
1. Health CoachOne of the most important investments I made in my life this year was hiring a health coach. This is NOT a therapist – that is separate. This is someone who helps direct your life forward and encourages you to keep that momentum. It’s not just a relationship with food, or with others, it’s the relationship you have with yourself. My health coach Kerri Weisoff at Milwaukee MindBody Wellness championed me out of my comfort zone and helped me tap into the parts of myself that really nurture my mind, body, and spirit. I’m so grateful.
2. Suja Green JuiceAs you know, I love our juicer! But when I need a quick green juice, I reach for this one. You can grab an entire cleanse for under $50. If you like it, get the big bottles at Target;)
3. Pure Barre ClassesI’ve been doing Pure Barre dvds on my own for years, but this year I treated myself to the studio sessions and I LOVE it! Not only do they give you personalized encouragement, you also get the position corrections that you just don’t get with the videos;)
4. Infrared SaunaSuffering from seasonal affect disorder? Try a sauna session at a wellness studio, or buy one. Here is one like we purchased – for more room! (A cheaper version here:). We used to have an old school one in our last house (heated rocks), but this year we bought an infrared one and it’s on an entirely different level of detoxing. Infrared bakes you from within, rather than traditional saunas that bake you from the outside. Seriously, I don’t sweat, I ‘glow’, but this sauna makes me drip in detoxing sweat! Yes!
5. Loving Kindness Meditation
Another cue taken from my health coach… At first, meditation made me uncomfortable because I am so fast paced. This new exercise has really helped shape me for the better. I actually enjoy listening to them in the sauna.
6. Loreal Longwear Lipstick
My fabulous friend gave me a bunch of lipsticks and I was so surprised by this one! It lasts as long as my coveted (and unfortunately discontinued) MAC pro longwear and it’s a third of the cost! I get lots of compliments on my color 107!
I love me some hip hop. So it’s no surprise that I fell in love with this series. The soundtracks are free to stream on Amazon Prime! This is my fav and so is this one featuring ‘Drip Drop’. So check out the 1st bingeworthy season and if you like it as much as I did, also check out the spinoff show from Empire, called ‘STAR’.
8. Dave Ramsey
I remember syndicating Dave Ramsey for AM620 WTMJ back in my late night radio days. I loved what he had to say then about money and have used his principles since. Definitely get the book! I’m really loving his station that airs on Sirius XM’s online version – totally worth the extra cost to buy the internet version in addition to your car access. It works with Alexa too (now only $30!) – bonus!
I’ve used this books on tape app SO much this year. One of my favorite books is THE 5 SECOND RULE. This book will change your life. If there are things you never have time to do or procrastinate, or keep telling yourself ‘someday’ – this book is for you! 5,4,3,2,1 is something I find myself doing every day now. Such an incredible book to get on Audible and listen to while you work out or walk the dogs:)
10. Benefit Brow Pencil
My Mom and I are always looking for the best brow pencil/pomade/wax/etc. This pencil is a game changer! The difference with this pencil is that you are able to make the most skinny strokes and it really looks like hair! It’s more natural than just filling them in with other products. Seriously, I just stocked up on 4 of them with my Sephora coupons! For a more dramatic/evening look, I like to add the brow volumizing fiber. Deepens the tone, while still looking natural and translucent.
11. Pit Paste
There are SO many harmful chemicals in your deodorant. After trying a few ‘safe’ ones (and NO, Tom’s brand is NOT safe), this works THE BEST! Especially for someone who pits-out like I do. Seriously, THE BEST! Pit Paste is for men and women. My favorite is the Lavender, but they also have a Coconut Lime I can’t wait to try! Not sure when that will be though because this stuff LASTS FOREVER! I’m not kidding, I’ve had my stick for months!!!!! Amazing product! Amazing!
12. Mate Factor Tea
As you know, I am a huge proponent of organic foods. Tea is actually one of THE most important foods to buy organic. Know why? Because non-organic tea is not rinsed when processed. So you literally are injesting all of the nasty chemicals. It’s basically like drinking round-up. SICK! So of all organic teas, this is our new fav – Mate Factor. Steven’s Nana introduced us to the brand and I can’t explain it better than to say the flavor is just incredible. Truly ALL natural and good for you. The Digestive tea is the best, but we also love the Ginger Tumeric & Mocha Mint after dinner – so yummy!!!!
PLEASE US THE LINKS TO PURCHASE AT THE BEST PRICES – HAPPY SHOPPING!
Celebrating decades of friendship! Tony & Gerda were our neighbors 25 years ago, when we lived in Belgium. Robin and Pam (both life long friends of Mom) flew up from Florida to join in the festivities. So happy to have enjoyed the company of all of these fabulous people. Love you forever, Sarah
After watching ‘FAT, SICK AND NEARLY DEAD’ Steve and I decided to start juicing regularly. Not only is this juicer amazing, it makes us feel amazing too! Our favorite lemonade recipe: 4 Granny Smith Apples & 1 Lemon = YUMMMMMMY!
When FoodBabe.com uncovered the carcinogens in just about every mainstream toothpaste, including TOM’S, I thought this would be worth a shot. It was worth it! We are hooked. Not only is it better at cleaning, it makes your breath fresher, longer.
After this series came out with new episodes, I figured it had to be good enough to have done that. So I’ve been binging through this winter weather on Gilmore Girls and loving every minute! Perfect for every girl who calls her Mom her best friend.
4. Amazon Prime
In addition to purchasing a lot of our gear for Asia from Amazon, it’s been a go to for just about all of my online shopping. Prime includes free shipping, movies and tv shows, so it’s definitely worth the money. You can even send flowers through Amazon – total bonus!
Being blonde, I have to fill in my eyebrows or look like ‘night of the living dead’. This stuff is fantastic! Not only does it look natural, but it stays on ALL day! An item I couldn’t live without on our Asia trip. Nothing else compares.
This guy is the king of being productive. Known as the human experiment, he has opened my mind to so many new products, ideas, and ways of doing things. Check out his best seller ‘The 4 Hour Work Week’.
7. Chrysler Town & Country Mini VanYep, you heard me right, I said mini van! Since my BMW was totaled by a drunk driver (at 3pm in the afternoon by the way), Mom lent us her fabulous van until we could pick out a new car. I don’t have kids and find this vehicle tremendous. It has SO much space, great pick up, ALL of the amenities I could ever want AND I get some street cred from the other moms in the parking lot. Can’t say that Steven will officially cross over and buy a van, but it sure is something I suggest to everyone now. Special thanks to my amazing Mom for giving us the best loaner ever!
8. Sirius XMAnother bonus to using the incredible mini van is Sirius XM radio! There is ALWAYS something ‘good’ to listen to. My favorite channels are Howard Stern 100 and 101 <— don’t judge 😉
I wore this during our trip to Asia and just can’t seem to take it off. It is beyond comfortable and I love the simplistic style. Goes great with my Fitbit BLAZE watch too! I feel like inspector gadget getting text messages on my watch.
10. LOLE Winter Coat
This is the warmest coat I have ever owned, outside of my furs. The craftsmanship, fit and attention to detail is immediately apparent when you put this coat on.
Thanks to my beautiful Mother for being my muse while scouting new shooting locales. I love you Mom, you are such a beauty❤️
So thankful for our special Canadian friends, the Sylvester family, for sharing their incredible love for each other (and wine) with us. It is always a treat being around these incredible people. We love you Paul, Audra, Len, & Gina! Thanks again. Always, Steven & Sarah View more photos from our trip on our travel blog HERE and HERE.
As some of you already know, we have taken to traveling the world in our ‘off’ season. So for the past 4 months we have been traveling Southeast Asia and we are headed back to the states this weekend. We are so inspired and ready for what is sure to be a fantastic wedding and portrait season of photography for us. Can’t wait to see all of you really soon. 🙂
Look at what we have been up to: www.SpottedAbroad.com
We love you are so proud of you and your public service. Can’t wait to see what this next chapter of your life has in store for you.
If you have a european car, do yourself the biggest favor after your auto warranty expires and start getting your car serviced at Motorwerks in Waukesha. Not only are they incredibly knowledgeable and reasonable, they are honest and happy to help you any way they can. They have clients coming in from Chicago and Madison to service their cars. I had a recent repair that BMW quoted me over $2300, got it done at Motowerks for $900 and she runs like a charm!
3. iComfort Cloud Mattress with Temperpedic Movable Base
While we have had this mattress for well over five years now, this year I really fell in love with it all over again. Especially with the movable base since it gave me necessary elevation needed to heal my broken toe this fall. It also is great to elevate when you have a cold. Love, love, love this mattress. Came with a 20 year warranty too!
5. Mirensse iCurl Mascara
Another birchbox discovery. The main reason I love this mascara is that it does NOT leave a shadow of mascara on my brow bone by the end of the day. It puts little tubes on each lash that last all day. Will be perfect for our big trip to Asia.
Also check out the Fast Metabolism Diet principles.
Also, subscribe to FoodBabe.com it’s an excellent blog!
7. Excalibur Dehydrator
Ever since our pal Jenna gave us the awesome RAW FOOD Real World cookbook, we have been using our fancy dehydrator.
Kale Chips have become a staple in our household. Tedious, but very inexpensive compared to store bought versions. I use tahini, lemon juice and nutritional yeast for my chips.
8. Lord Huron
Our dear friend Don Krueser introduced us to this music while helping us with the remodel. Both of us fell in love with the music again after we saw them in concert earlier this year. Such fantastic albums.
9. Travel Blogs
As we embark on our big trip to Asia, be sure to follow the adventure on our new travel blog: www.SpottedAbroad.com Can’t wait to see what 2016 holds for us.
Congrats to the Nelsons! We simply adore you and your little angels.